Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snow Day Blessings


As I look out the windows of my house on the hill, all I can see is white! The glorious words, "snow day" came early last night and we got ready for a day alone in our farm house. My dad left early this morning with a bag of clothes ready to spend the night at work. Dominica is safe at college leaving Mama and I home alone.

The seclusion is both sad and exciting. I wish all four of us could be together on days like these. I love pretending we are like the Ingalls on the prairie cut off from civilization after a blizzard. Well, up here on our hill on the Adams farm feels a little like we have stepped in a time machine and traveled back fifty years or so. The day seems to be crawling by because we are not engaged in our usual business of the day.

The excitement of the day is finding different activities to occupy our time. Activities we normally push aside because our busy life won't allow them to happen. Mama and I will watch a movie together, or work on a puzzle or maybe just sit and watch this amazing picturesque snowscape come alive. The silent flakes gently land on everything in sight including the backs of our black angus cows, who will temporarily look like Holsteins. They walk slowly from the hay, to the water tank and back taking careful, purposeful, steps with caution. Their day remains certain to be cold when they line up on the north fence trying to gain some protection from the line of trees.

Luckily mama and I are protected in our home secure with food, electricity, and warmth. I sometimes feel God gives us snow days to make us slow down and take notice of our blessings. I love snow and the peaceful change it brings to my life. Stay warm and safe and enjoy. Our usual hectic days will be back soon after the plows arrive. 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely description of a perfect snow day! I am so glad you shared it with us. It warmed my heart on this cold, blustery day!

    ReplyDelete