Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Silent Peace





I love to sit outside on my trampoline at night --- especially when the moon is shining.  I have even gone outside in the winter to sit for as long as I can stand the bitter cold.  Behind my house, beyond the trampoline, is a field where deer love to meander and graze.  Many times I have seen several deer on a full moon night simply strolling along with seemingly no cares at all.  If I sit very still, I may get lucky enough to watch them for several minutes before Sparky makes a noise to frighten them away.

The deer's swiftness of feet and their ability to jump has always amazed me.  Their gracefulness is like watching a choreographed dance in which God was the choreographer.  Their movement is so swift it seems they are gliding across the ground barely leaving foot prints.  Their destination?  Another open field to graze without the danger of sounds?

I wonder if the deer will return?  I pray they will find solace again in our field behind the house.  I want to witness their dance and enjoy with them the peace of the night.  These heavenly moments of silence with the deer and I, their usual enemy, brings a truce --- if only for a short time.  Enemies living in harmony under God's moonlight.  If only adversaries of war could experience a moonlit night in my yard and feel the peace!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a really peaceful feeling. Beautiful description.

    ReplyDelete