Helen Keller Movies
I
really like the black and white movie. I
like how they told the story and how I felt when they were telling the
story. It gave me the desire to fight
obstacles because each of these characters was such fighters. They showed determination and grit, which was
proven to be what is necessary to win.
If I had to pick a negative, it would be that they, the production crew,
were limited in their resources, so they couldn’t show the actual landscape of
the plantation.
I also liked the later movie but not as well as the first. Even though they portrayed, possibly, a more accurate picture, I did not feel that fire in my belly after watching it. The characters were more passive and didn’t reach me. They didn’t show me the determination through their actions or even in their eyes. I did like, however, the scenes around the house and garden house. They were beautiful.
I also liked the later movie but not as well as the first. Even though they portrayed, possibly, a more accurate picture, I did not feel that fire in my belly after watching it. The characters were more passive and didn’t reach me. They didn’t show me the determination through their actions or even in their eyes. I did like, however, the scenes around the house and garden house. They were beautiful.
Helen
portrayed by Patty Duke was my favorite actor.
I could relate to her on so many levels.
She had great expressions and gestures that looked authentic. I loved her feistiness and burning desire to
learn. Maybe she was mean at times, but
I thought that was authentic as well.
Being trapped in dark silence would cause anyone to be less trusting and
on guard and ultimately angered. Annie
Sullivan portrayed by Anne Bancroft was my second favorite actress. She too was
a strong willed person who showed fire in her eyes. Only this kind of person could have reached
Helen. She too had suffered horribly in
her lifetime but was not using that as a crutch. Instead she fed off the memories to
survive. With those feelings she knew
Helen could overcome as well. The two characters were meant to find each other
and survive together. The last character
I liked was Captain Keller in the first movie.
He, as an actor, portrayed what I think a hard-headed southerner would
be. He also did a good job being cold
and cruel and yet loving, while showing Southerly respect to his wife.
I most
definitely would like to portray Helen.
First, I could feel as she feels and secondly, what an enormous
challenge that would be. Maybe someday
they will make a movie about me, and I can use some of Helen’s fire to help me
in that role.
No comments:
Post a Comment