I have often said the peace I feel while sitting in my church is so unbelievably rewarding. As always, the reward yesterday was received, but with even greater joy. I was listening to the words of Pope Francis from his book The Church of Mercy. His words of faith resonated around and through the many statues as if they themselves were talking to me.
Pope Francis' words of faith and loyalty to God rang as clear as our church bells outside, just beyond the beautiful stained glass window. However, his words didn't stop within the confines of my church. His message traveled through the town spilling through the the stained glass windows of all the denominations. Pope Francis spoke of acceptance and love. His message to me was full of hope; inviting and embracing all of us with open arms.
Pope Francis has come to us, in my opinion, to not only guide his Catholic followers, but also to show us how to walk with others of different faiths. I believe this path of acceptance will lead us to a peaceful destination. As we walk this path, others with varied beliefs will find the same path after traveling their own courses. All the forks in this road lead to God. All we need to do is walk with love for each of our fellow believers. Like all destinations, it matters little how we get there. The reward is in arriving.
So as Pope Frances speaks to me, I am filled with hope. If this one man, in such a short time, can make such an impact on the world, then with numbers we can make a difference. I, for one, will try to walk the path that leads to God. Will you walk with me?

I love the spirit of this blog... And the beautiful image of your Sunday morning. Miss you!
ReplyDelete