Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Positive Perception Leads to Pleasant Possibilities

Perspective takes in an enormous range of thoughts and feelings.  Perspective is derived from one's experiences plus one's emotional state at the time one is perceiving.  So, that being said, perspective is personal.

When I was a small child, locked in silence, I perceived my life as an adult, would be sad, lonely, and complicated.  I would constantly think about the troubles I would have because of my communication barrier.  I always knew I would be ok with God's help; however, I never allowed myself to believe I would accomplish great things.  My perspective was real and appropriate concerning my disability.

Somewhere along the line I was given not only God's grace, but also God provided me with wonderful guardian angels who helped me perceive a different life for myself.  These angels forced me to believe I could accomplish more than I ever hoped for or let myself 
believe.  Through their convictions I have grown into a productive young adult with dreams and goals that are not only dreams but also attainable.  I will soon be a published author and possibly a paid artist.  How amazing that sounds to the little boy who years ago perceived something quite different for his life.

To thank each of these angels enough seems impossible, so I will simply say, "God bless," to each of you, and you know who you are.  Your input in my life, whether it was small or large, will never be forgotten and forever appreciated.  Thank you for perceiving me 
with your eyes and heart open, accepting what you saw, and wanting the best for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment