Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Friday, May 18, 2012

"Autism Pathways"



This art exhibit, "Autusm Pathways," created by Antonio, develops the theme of Autism and its impressions upon a young man's mind and life.  Antonio writes of this perspective, and the photos show his images brought to life in sculture and shadow.

As you walk through my life, autism will come alive in your mind.  Follow
me.  The world is full of noises; some pleasant some not.  These noises,
textures and sights are magnified in my world, so I choose to follow a path
of least restriction.  The path of red outskirts the commotion of the city.
The path, very successively, leads me away from my fears and annoyances.
On this path, education (paper clips) is helping me cope, finding my way
in.  The wall of normalcy does its best to keep me out but luckily I find a
tunnel that allows me to enter occasionally.  Normalcy (spheres with holes
on top) graces my life on occasion, however autism (spheres without holes)
dominants my existence.   I am my happiest in the country, where the
noises are less.  But at times even there my head unwillingly spins as the
spiral towers in the middle appear to be doing.  The goal is always the
same.  Walk with confidence, love and faith and God will give me the key
and let me in.









No comments:

Post a Comment