Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Another Journey


 The last time I wrote I had taken a trip to Chicago.  Now bigger and better things.  My 
family and I are on the east coast taking a trip to Washington, DC, and then on to the
Carolinas.  follow me this week.  Once again my mom has prepared for everything, and I
am able to see what most people with my disability can only dream about.  I believe I
am the luckiest person in the world.
 This is very beautiful. I am sitting on the lawn of our first President. I can feel the
elegance surrounding me. A time when time was slower and kept precious; drinking tea
on the porch watching the Potomac flow gracefully by. And yet just a few miles away
battle fields indicating a time our country was in turmoil.

There are people just a few feet from me, but their voices are not heard. The only sound
I hear is the whisper of birds. I can imagine Mr. Washington sitting, rocking, and
wondering about the future and what course to take. I imagine he knew it would be a
great country and one to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment