Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Determined to be Free; Free to be Happy




Determined. Determination describes me perfectly. I am determined every day of my life. Determined to wake up and conquer another difficult day. When I think of determination I think of a strong young tree determined to grow in the harshest Missouri winters. The tree withstands below freezing temperatures, and hot sizzling, drought-filled, summers to grow old, strong and purposeful, giving shade and protection for living species. If I remain determined, I will grow old admiring the once young tree, as I write my first novel about the tree and myself.


Free. I have the freedom to believe any way I choose. I am free to become anyone I am capable of being. To be free is an amazing privilege. There are so many children, not only in the world, but in our small little town of Bevier, that are not free. They are held captive behind abuse, neglect or both. They are not free to make mistakes and rise above, because no one is watching over them. I know that I am free to be whatever I am, knowing, my family and my God are there to love me and stand by me through the hardships of my life.
Happy. I feel like sunshine glistening on the ripples of a small creek as it flows into a mountain lake. As the ripples are flowing over the rocks in its path, they are symbolizing my life bouncing along. The rocks, or obstacles may be small or large, each with enormous consequences, but the water and I eventually find our way around each life lesson bringing us to the lake, contentment. Without these obstacles, the water would rush quickly to its destination, enjoying the ride for such a short time. Happily, I am making the long ride with the heat of God’s sun shining on me through it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment