Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Friday, April 12, 2013

I taught my sister...


I taught my sister, Dominica how to write a poem.  As luck would have it, the same English teacher who gave me this assignment, also gave Dominica the poem assignment.  She had finished her poem, and had my mom look it over, and then my mom had the idea I could help.  At first I was not happy, and neither was Dominica.  I was unhappy because I don’t like to do homework at home.  She was unhappy because she felt inferior, I believe.  However, as things progressed, she became more confident, and I became more relaxed.  In the end I believe we both benefited and enjoyed the experience. 

We started by reading the poem.  The content was really good, and Mama thought it might be one of the best things Dominica had ever written.  I told her to combine sentences by using only the important words to make phrases.  I think she understood my directions and comprehended well; by the last stanza I had to help, but not much. 

Even though I hate doing homework at home, I must say this was a wonderful experience.  I loved the way we communicated with one another, and I initiated conversation throughout the exercise.  Thanks, Mrs. Pappenfoht.

No comments:

Post a Comment