Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Are black and white colors?


Yes I believe that white and black are colors.  Anything that expresses has to be a color; not just used to reflect or absorb other colors, but used to express all by themselves.  Black, to me, is a rich color.  I love its boldness.  No matter what other color you use with black my eyes are always drawn to the black even if it’s just the outline.  I think black makes every other color that is next to the black look fuller and brighter.  I also think that black has a richness that no other color has.  I love the way really dark black looks almost blue.
White is also an important color, however not a favorite of mine.  It has its own personality like other colors but doesn’t seem to stand alone as well as black.  I personally think that white is only needed to discover other shades of each primary color.  White, in my opinion doesn’t enhance other colors.  However that doesn’t mean I don’t think it is a color. 

Scientifically speaking, each of our colors including black and white has to be produced.  White and black are not natural resources so why should they be considered to be different than other colors.  White may be considered the color that demonstrates purity, but white and black are not pure substances so therefore they are colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment