Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Character Presentation by Harper Lee

Mr. Underwood is a character in To Kill a Mockingbird.


Underwood is a brand name of a typewriter.  Under could mean under the side of right and good. Underwood could mean under a ceiling made of wood because he remains in an office.
Mr. Underwood is a Flat character- he has not appeared to grow or evolve into anyone else.
I am so tired of having issues of race to deal with and write about.  The government can try to push equal rights, but they can’t tell me what to write or print.  The South has a wonderful reputation of southern gentleness and deep pride.  This tradition all came about without the civil rights movement.  This trial will prove that and hopefully we can go back to normal life.  The South will never recognize the Negro race as equals.  That’s how generations and generations have lived in this community and will continue to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment