My
name is Gandhi and I am writing to find some answers to a certain
problem I have not been able to conquer. I spend my life helping
others to treat each other with respect and patience and yet I am
unable to do this in my own marriage. I have been known to act out
with anger and at times physical abuse toward my wife. What can I
do?
Sadly,
Gandhi
--------
Dear
Gandhi,
I
have read about you and your accomplishments, and have been deeply
touched and impressed. If I had to guess I would say that with your
wife you let down your constant guard and relax. This is very normal
and unfortunately spouses sometimes see the worst version of their
partners because of this. My suggestion to you is think of your wife
as a daughter of one of the many people that you have helped. In
fact she is someone’s daughter who deserves the same kind of
respect and patience you give other people’s daughters. Ultimately
remember your vows to love and honor her through thick and thin.
Don’t take her for granted. Keep in mind that her love is a
constant for you and the one thing in your life you don’t have to
fight for or against.
Sincerely,
Ant Onio

No comments:
Post a Comment