Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Sister Dominica




The crowed is screaming and chanting w-i-l-d-c-a-t-s, as they stand clapping furiously. The words “way to go; good job; unbelievable; amazing”, are heard like waves splashing over the crowd. A crowd of purple and white is huddled around home plate while jumping up and down. A grand slam has just been hit and my sister, Dominica, appears from the center of the mob.

Dominica is 16 months older than I. My earliest memories are Dominica and I playing with the toys in our play house. We would play house for a while then climb the ladder to the tree deck (similar to a tree house only on legs) and then slide down the slide. What fun we had, especially in the fall gathering the leaves and placing them at the bottom of the slide. When the weather was really hot you could find us swimming in the pool that our mother had set up for us. Dominica is always great fun to be with.

Dominica is 5’3” tall, brown hair, blue eyes, and has a very athletic body. When she is not wearing purple and white either for track, softball, or basketball, she will be wearing a hoodie, jeans and wild-looking socks. She truly has a fetish about socks and has maybe fifty pair. When she does decide to dress up, she is radiant. This she has shown on many occasions, but especially the night she won first princess at the Bevier Homecoming. But physical appearance shows very little about the person that Dominica is to me.

Dominica, in my opinion, demonstrates what God expects from every individual. She is determined to be the best person she can be and strives daily to attain this goal. She is kind and caring to everyone and never makes fun of people less fortunate than she. Even though she has gained success in her athletic endeavors, she never flaunts her accomplishments. She is humble and proud at the same time. This may appear to you that she is a passive person, but on the contrary, she is extremely competitive. This quality makes her an excellent athlete, but her humility is what makes her an excellent person.

When Dominica becomes an adult, I know she will touch many people’s lives as she has touched mine. I want to thank her in advance for always being there for me. She has always wanted to help me, and because of this desire she may choose a profession that includes helping the disabled. I am honored to be the reason for this decision, and admire her compassion toward me and others. She is truly a wonderful sister. I know that in our hearts, we will remain close even if life has separated us. I want her to remember I will love her forever, and I know that God created her to be my guardian angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment