I face challenges every day, but my
biggest challenge to date is becoming independent and less impulsive.
Within this challenge there are several smaller challenges. To
become independent I must develop social skills which will allow me
to be around people comfortably. I must learn to initiate
conversation and take care of all self-help needs. To be less
impulsive I must continue working on restraining from inappropriate
behaviors. It is important to reach these goals so I will be able to
live on my own someday. I want to be able to rely on myself instead
of depending on everyone else.
To master this challenge I need help
from my occupational therapist and my family. They need to keep me
on track and not give up on me. Their help and God’s help will be
all I need to succeed. I will have gained independence which most
people take for granted. The thought of living on my own is a dream
and for others it is their reality. If I don’t reach my dream I
will have to live with someone and I don’t want to be a burden.
So, I will continue fighting for the goal of complete independence.
I pray every day that my life will
become easier and I know in my heart it will. I know I will talk
someday and become better than even I expect. I hope that I live to
thank everyone verbally someday for all their help.
No comments:
Post a Comment