Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Upon Being Honored for a School and Community Publication


The room was huge but I felt crowded and surrounded, however, not in the negative sense of the word. I was surrounded by respect from people that I didn’t even know liked or knew me. As I sat there frozen, unable to move, I realized they were clapping for me. That was the most amazing feeling.

At the end of my eighth grade year, I was presented with a framed picture of the cover of the School and Community magazine. I had written an article about my school life and was honored to have it published in this magazine.

When they said my name, I couldn’t move and make myself walk up to the stage. The clapping was loud, echoing through my ears so I covered my head. Nonetheless, I was extremely surprised and grateful for the respect Bevier students showed me on that eventful day.

I had to have confidence in my writing to submit it in the first place and the Bevier kids had enough respect for me to honor me with their applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment