Who I am... Who I am Not... Who I will Be....

You are welcome to enjoy the words I have written. Please leave a comment if you would like to share your thoughts.

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Thoughts of Boo Radley from "To Kill a Mockingbird"


I see the fire down the street, I hope everyone is ok. As I look out the window I see scout and Jem on the sidewalk. Atticus must have left them there for safe keeping. I hope they are ok and not frighten. It must be cold out there. We have had an unusual snowstorm for our area, so surely they are freezing. Oh my, they don’t have any coats on and I can see scout rocking back and forth. If I were to walk quietly, they may not see me. Something about that little girl drives me to her. I must help if I can. As I grabbed a blanket and walked slowly toward scout, I heard the crackling of the fire and felt the heat this far away. Scout was so absorbed in the sights of the fire, she didn’t even know I placed the blanket on her shoulders. Oh how I wish she would have turned around and said thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment